NVQ evidence

Thursday, November 04, 2004

 

distress

Ethel required her blood pressure taken.
I asked her for consent by first explaining the procedure
Using the correct blood pressure cuff i used the "dinamap" to undertake the procedure.
i said when the procedure was going to start.
I noticed that as soon the cuff started to inflate, ethel started to become distressed. i had explained that the tightness was part of the procedure and this was something that was transitory. I held her hand while the procedure was going on. She agreed for the procedure to continue.
When the procedure was completed, i notice that the reading was outside normal limits (164/104). Imediately, informed the Denise the Registered Nurse.
She asked me to repeat the blood pressure but



<< Home

Archives

November 2004   February 2005   May 2005   June 2005   July 2005   September 2005   October 2005   December 2005   January 2006   August 2006   September 2006   January 2007  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?